Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My first try

I havnt been able to sleep right the night before for so many reasons. I was coming down with a cold, so I have taken some cold medication. And I was nervous about two things: 1-getting my Uni schedule sorted out and 2- Passing my first try tomorrow.

The first try in Muscat is a funny business.. To pass it you need a number of things like luck, a magical spell of some sort and the will to sell out your principles and exchange numbers with your officer. And of course lets hope that your officer does'nt mind getting up in the morning, testing about 30 people in five hours in the hot sun.. and he ACTUALLY loves his job.

Haha.

Really it doesnt matter how good a driver you are you will most likely fail. I know a couple of my friends who got it in the first try.. They must have had the luck and happy officer factor rooting for them.

Anyways.. I'm sitting in the car for two hours and the sun is burning one side of my face.. My instructor told me when he saw my picture in the Ketcha he was happy cause there was a girl he would test today.. he told me he was in a good mood and if he tried to slip you his number to"just take it" Lol

When he finally got in the car i was nervous but tried to keep my cool.. How are you bla bla all that crap went on then he asked "Ready?"

And we went on our way.. the usual give me a right parking..Parked, check.
Go left Go right Go straight, check.
I hate taking directions. I hate people telling me what to do. And I HATE it when people take over my steering wheel to " fix it ". I'm not being unreasonable! when i Turn i dont do it like a crazy person, i take my time and there were no other cars anywhere to be seen. But he had to grab it and move it. He was lucky i didnt reach out to the passenger door, unlock it and kick him out there and then.

MOVING ON, he tried the usual i'll trick her into going to a wrong place.. she's not stupid enough, check.
As I was taking a left to leave a petrol station there was a taxi parked in front of me, far away, he said: "hey hey ween ray7a??" * "hey hey where are you going?" i looked at him and said "left..?" "Batd5uli fil Taxi?" * " will you drive into the taxi?"
I said "its not even close!" then i ignored him. Now I really hated him. Really.

We went back to the place and he was like: "Dear I'm going to help you by failing you"
"No!" i said " I need it come on what was my mistake" "its not haram this is life"
I gave him a mean look and said I did'nt say Haram.. He froze for a bit and said "then what did you say?".." I said no" ..he mumbled:" Oh.. Okay" lol
so he kept going on and on about somethings that i dont even remember happened and I was the one in the driver's seat. -.-

As i was leaving the place I was bummed cause i have to wait two weeks for the next try but it was the first try so im not beating my self up over it.

Awh.. well

We live and learn, right?

8 comments:

  1. This remind me of my own first try, trust me you're a genius if you get it from the first try, I drive much much better now after my third try (and yes I failed it too) any tips umm, be nice to the police man ;P and just do what he says and keep cool (and who the hell am I to give tips when I failed 3 trys lol) oh well
    Good luck on your next one sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from the first try ;D!!
    And no its not was6a..I am a good driver *mashallah* =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, im a good driver too =c
    Not wa96a, just.. the universe was rooting for you. HAHHAHA

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'll get it from the first try. Thinking about it just makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i like the cat.

    ReplyDelete